Following the merger of his law firm with Kennedys, Sean Gates is now available to consult on matters involving aviation liability, risk management, insurance, disaster preparedness and criminalisation through Gates Aviation.
Sean Gates has acted for airlines and their insurers as lead counsel in respect of a significant number of aviation disasters over the last 30 years.
Since 1998, Sean has been the Legal Adviser to the International Union of Aviation Insurers (IUAI), an organisation comprised of the world's leading aviation insurers. Sean represented the IUAI at the diplomatic conference in Montreal for the Conventions on Surface Damage and was the principal observer on behalf of the IUAI at the diplomatic conference resulting in the Montreal Convention of 1999 on carrier liability to passengers.
Sean's Special Distinctions:
- Euromoney Best of the Best Expert Guides for 2011, 2009, 2005, 2004 and 2003: "Sean Gates received more individual nominations than any other aviation lawyer worldwide" and in 2011 received the accolade "Sean Gates knows everyone and everything, his is a leading aviation solicitor for more than 30 years. He has enormous intellect and advocacy skills. He is the world's No. 1 aviation lawyer and combines a strong commercial outlook with unparalleled experience. He leaves the opposition in his wake. He is a guru".
- Chambers Guide to the UK Legal Profession 2009 edition - ranked in the "star individual" category for aviation insurance and litigation, which is "given to lawyers with exceptional recommendations in their field." (Ranked "leading individual" in every edition from 1996).
- Named by Who's Who Legal 2011 as one of the most highly nominated individuals. The publication in 2009 comments that "The 'pre-eminent' founder Sean Gates is ... considered to be 'one of the key people around the globe.'
The International Who's Who of Aviation Lawyers 2005 announced that "Sean Gates of Gates and Partners is the world's most highly nominated practitioner" for aviation legal expertise.
PROVIDING THE AVIATION INDUSTRY WITH AN INCOMPARABLE BREADTH AND DEPTH OF SPECIALIST EXPERTISE IN AVIATION SAFETY, SECURITY, RISK MANAGEMENT AND EMERGENCY RESPONSE PLANNING.
Gates Aviation are professionals with decades of practical experience gained from top management positions held within the aviation and services industries, senior figures from British government and armed forces, as well as leading aviation lawyers.
- Aviation Safety
- Risk Management
- Emergency Response Planning
We also provide expert advice on the following:
- Legal Support
- Accident Investigation
- Expert Witness
- Aerospace Insurance
- Aircraft Hull Damage/Uninsured Loss Recoveries
- Aviation Asset Management
- Human Factors Engineering and Analysis
- Executive Recruitment
We work with the following:
- Business Operators
- Insurers, brokers and underwriters
- Trade Associations